Data & Data Warehouse Engineer - Karnov Group
Karnov takes an important role
Karnov Group is the leading supplier of mission-critical information within law, tax and accounting in Denmark, and Sweden
Karnov contributes and takes an important role in the Danish democracy and society.
Data and Technology
Digitalization at Karnov is on a long journey and goes 2-3 generations back – generations of online platforms as well as technology and transformation.
IT is seen and valued as a product with features that bring added value to the customer as well as growing the overall Karnov business. IT is organized around the business and not technologies.
We are taking Karnov Group’s use of data to the next level and are looking for a Data & DWH Engineer to be a key player in this journey. The candidate will work as part of our Group Technology function to deliver both solutions to customers, as well as provide internal stakeholders with data-based tools to do their job even better.
Data Warehouse is a priority. As an organization, it is our ambition to have machine learning incorporated in the nearest future.
Karnov Group provides legal information products used for mission-critical legal research in the public and private sector in Denmark and Sweden, and our primary brands of Karnov and Norstedts Juridik have been known as market leaders among lawyers and other legal professionals for decades.
What we need you to do:
- Develop & maintain our current Datawarehouse platform together with our current Datawarehouse Engineer and in close cooperation with stakeholders, particularly from Finance.
- Take part in managing our current data landscape, as well as define the to-be for it – and get us there. Be a steward for the data in Karnov Group.
- Develop the overall data landscape, facilitate data flow for use in the business with developing marketing and general reporting.
- Take part in ongoing Operation and Maintenance of the Datawarehouse.
- Help support Data Science projects when needed, likely in the role of Data Engineer, i.e. find and prepare data for Data Science use cases, and bring these capabilities into operation
- Occasionally travel to our Stockholm office for meetings (once or twice a year).
- You enjoy working with a broad set of tools in many contexts, with your focus on the disciplines around data.
- You have experience working with Datawarehouse technologies and grasp data structures easily
- You have the drive, knowledge, and ambition to extract new data knowledge and insight to grow and develop Karnov.
- You enjoy working in an informal setting and being hands-on with all aspects of the development and operational work.
- You have a natural curiosity, and use it to navigate large datasets, discovering relationships and assessing data quality as you go
- SQL and data modeling are second nature to you. We currently use MS SQL for our Datawarehouse, but other types of databases do not intimidate you
- Experienced with Data Visualization tools (We use Tableau)
- You are largely self-managed and can deal with multiple tasks in your backlog efficiently. You enjoy working in a team as well as independently.
- Your background ideally includes experience in working with Data Science and/or Product Development teams
- Experience with Agile Methodologies is a plus
- You are used to English as your primary working language. Danish and/or Swedish is a bonus.
We offer a position in an ambitious company with great opportunities for professional and personal development with a competitive salary and bonus, pension and health insurance, 6 weeks holiday and opportunities for further education, and courses. You will have very high skilled colleagues working in a dynamic environment. We believe in close collaboration across the entire business to serve our customers every day. We value diversity and we take pride in acting as role models to always walk the talk and getting things done.
We aim to fill the position as soon as possible and will evaluate applications as they arrive.
About Karnov Group
By delivering the right insights at the right time, media independently, we make sure that our customers effectively can do what they do best; securely servicing their customers or the society at large.
We have a very informal approach where recognition, constructive criticism and sparring are valued. You become part of one of Denmark's most progressive information technology companies, and this is reflected in the daily work environment.
Karnov Group is a leading provider of mission-critical information in the areas of legal, tax and accounting, and environmental, health, and safety in Denmark and Sweden. With brands such as Karnov, Norstedts Juridik, VJS, Notisum, Change Board Member/Legal Cross Boarder, and Forlaget Andersen, Karnov Group delivers knowledge and insights, enabling more than 60,000 users to make better decisions, faster – every day. With offices in Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Malmö, Karnov Group employs around 240 people and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.